I replaced a manual 20:1 box in my Coronet with a Borgeson a couple of years ago. One of the best mods I've made to my car. The 20:1 box was so stiff that I just couldn't enjoy the car around town. The Borgeson makes the car much easier to drive. I haven't had any issues with it. I've read comments about noises or wandering or poor on center feel but I don't have any issues with mine. I did have the alignment done by a pro and he had me replace the Firm Feel tie rod adjusters with shorter ones so he could get everything properly centered. He said the FFI tie rod adjusters were too long and they didn't have the proper adjustment range. I switched to a set from PST that were shorter and then he was able to get the front alignment dialed in.

I used a new Type II pump. The new pumps are much lighter than the old stuff. Aluminum pump housing with a plastic reservoir. I got the pump from Detroit Speed but lots of places sell them. Nobody makes a mounting kit so I had to fab my own. It would be a good kit to put on the market but I don't think I'm going to do it so someone else can take the idea and run with it if they want.

DSC_4716 (Large).JPG
Last edited by AndyF; 05/08/22 10:49 AM.