Smashed header....Yeah, if I wanted to spend $1000 for a set of headers, now would be the time. I have found that with the lift, header replacement isn't that hard to do. Maybe some time later.
I thought that I was solidly in the roller cam category but I have backed off from that. I knew it was more expensive but holy smokes....I'd be spending just shy of $3000 for what I'm told would be a minimal power increase. Add in the risk of over-revving and dealing with failed retrofit hydraulic roller lifters....No thanks. Cam. Lifters. Pushrods. Timing set with roller bearing, Cam button. Timing cover. Distributor drive. Did I miss anything? It would be a huge stroke of luck if all those parts were actually in stock right now too.
Dwayne Porter agreed with you, Andy...The solid flat tappet cams can be hard to beat. I have a Lunati that I ran for a few years that still is in excellent shape and the lifters were stored in order. Dwayne thinks my oil was possibly to blame for the failure of this 528. I measured the lobes today. 10 lobes lost.....I had a 1.56 number on 4 lobes and less than that on the other 10.

84 R.JPG87 R (2).JPG