I put my Son on a small "tote goat" small lawnmower engine in a small two wheel scooter frame, at 4 years old and taught him to never ride any motorize open wheel motor cycle or 3 wheeler without protective gear on, helmet, googles, glove, long sleeve jacket and shirt, boots and so on.
We lived in the Mojave Desert and could go riding in the desert from our home, we would also go out to a place called Dumont dunes near Death Valley national park on weekends to ride in the sand dunes boogie, it had some great sand dunes to ride on and a warm creek that flowed all fall, winter and spring. It was probably around 100 Ft. below sea level around 50 miles north of Baker, CA. It would start getting hot (90+F) in early to mid April so we wouldn't go out their after April first, a lot of night riding on Friday nights, all day Saturdays and some die hard riders would ride during Saturday evenings into the night realcrazy Most people wouldn't ride much after dark on Saturdays due to being worn out from the drive from L.A. CA and Las Vegas ,NV to the dunes and riding Friday night and riding all day Saturday.
My Son got deep into riding hot street canyon carvers and ended up wrecking them several times, the first time he crash he was pitch off his street and dirt bike by hitting a root on the edge of the while going fast around an downhill corner, he was high sided and ended up landing off the road in the weeds on a decomposed granite downhill bank, he was wearing his work clothes, shorts, a long sleeve sweat shirt , tennis shoes and his helmet. He was in a coma for around 6 days and in the hospital 10 days or maybe a little more with a concussion, 5 broken ribs and four crushed vertebrae's.
He got back on the bikes as soon as he could ride again and crash again two years ago , this time with all the good go fast H.D. safety riding gear on and didn't get in hurt in that crash shock, That crash broke the bike in half and didn't hurt him at all bow
I told him many times to not ride on the roads but he loves tearing up the canyons roads in the hills and mountains, he will be 52 yrs. old next month so i guess I should be thankful that he is still healthy and working.
His Son, my youngest Grandson, rides street bikes also but not as fast as his dad boogie
Thanks be to God for all things in our Lifes bow up

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 11/19/22 09:55 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)