Originally Posted by crackedback
Please have plenty of insurance too so we don't have to fund your care if you end up really messed up. People fall down skating, hit their head and die. If your number is up, bye bye

The outliers of the broken neck bs compared to the lives saved is miniscule.

If helmets didn't do any good, nobody in motorsports would be required to wear one.

Says right on the helmet something like not good for anything over 5mph, had a few helmets that had that label on them and they were Snell rated. Keep the anecdotes coming, I must be the luckiest guy in the world riding for 50 years and still being alive! I pretty much always rode with a helmet off road, been down hundreds of times while not on the highway and to me it makes more sense then dulling your senses on the highway whey you need them most... wave As far as eye protection is concerned I HAVE to wear it because I had gunpowder ignite in my face when I was 17 and my eyes are sensitive to wind, so I have to have a windscreen and glasses on. Illinois law states that you don't have to wear eyewear if the windshield is so many inches above the handlebars, too lazy to look up the exact law but I remember it when I was a board member of Illinois ABATE...

Last edited by Rhinodart; 11/16/22 11:09 AM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!