Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by poorboy
I saw the results of the fully "protected" bike rider that missed a curve at about 80 mph and drove the bike through an Aerostar Ford van. He hit the van just to the right side of the center of the front bumper, missed the motor by inches, went through the dash and came out through the back hatch. All that safety equipment he was wearing didn't help much. The only thing the brain bucket did was made it easier to identify who the guy was, but those riding with him knew his name.

What was he wearing that was going to protect him from his stupidity? When a motorcyclist hits and immovable object at 80 MPH after missing a curve, I'm thinking nothing would have protected them except MAYBE an airbag and I'm not sure even that would have done so whistling twocents

And if that fool would have survived that crash, 80% of the safety police would have said his safety stuff saved him.

I suppose you have never heard about somebody that by some miracle survived some crash that should have killed them? Was it safety stuff that saved his butt, or some miracle like some would say, or was it simply not that person's time to die?

Here is a possible picture for you: The guy arrives at the after death check in station. The Creator looks at him, then at the book of life, and says "Nope not your time, I'm sending you back" and does. Then the Creator looks down and wonders what excuse the people will put on the man still being alive after that terrible innocent. The Creator is probably laughing. Back on earth, the medical people are saying the guy cane back from the dead because ____________ (Fill in the blank).

The other side is: The Creator is looking in the book of life. "At 10:59 AM this morning, Joe Cool is appointed to die. Have his welcoming committee waiting for his arrival. He is going to trip over his shoe string, fall and break his neck. I'll meet with him in a couple minutes, when his appointed time has arrives.
This should be fun... up