Having owned a resto repair shop that does ONLY pre 1980 vehicles for well over 2 years I will offer my opinion.
The aftermarket systems (petronix, mallory, Crane (now fast), Accel, etc) are OK until they aren't. One is then stuck wherever they may be until parts become available. If you happen to be out of town it's either motel of flatbed time.
However, if one stays with the factory systems parts are available most anywhere. I learned this many year ago at 2:30 AM when I washed my engine down at a car wash. Yes 2;30 AM. I was working swing at the time wink. I thought I was smart and prepared with paper towels etc.
Of course it was a no start. No problem, I WAS prepared, until the rotor center contact went PING onto the floor of the wash bay. At the time there were still actual service stations open with cabinets full of factory replacement parts. Problem was I had a Mallory Dist.
SOL until the next day when the speed shops opened, (remember those?) up
I just had a call yesterday from someone needing a MSD cap and rotor for a Ford application, he was hoping I might have a used one. I told him the closest I was aware of was Speedway motors in Lincoln on Monday morning.
Had it been a factory style system, any of the many parts stores would have had what was needed to get him back on the road.
At this point I'm going to assume you know my recommendation and why.
When doing a Mopar conversion kit, I usually put the control module on the radiator support as it's, 1. out of the way. 2. hardly noticeable. 3 cooler temp wise. With a BB, BONUS, distributor and all is very close by wink twocents beer