Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

I don’t care how they word it there isn’t an excuse in the world how when these guys go to one or two events a year they can’t be ready for it. After a full race season and 8 days at the Halloween Classic I step away from my car for a week or two. Then it’s go time to get ready for spring. Going on year 48 and i approach it like year one.

The issue is that Finnegan, and lots of other drag weekers, DON'T drag race anything but drag week. He isn't out there every weekend getting the car dialed in. But have you seen all the stuff Finnegan posts on social media and MTOD in a year? He is not sitting on the couch waiting until a month before drag week to start getting ready. He is buried in dozens of different car adventures and projects, as well as boats, and all the life event stuff like raising kids, dealing with aging parents, keeping the wife happy, keeping up his place, and earning a living. Time flys when you are buried, and the best laid plans don't always get acted upon in a timely manner. And then it seems that everything takes longer than planned.

Drag week goes MUCH better for a dedicated drag racer, who has his ducks in a row because he is out there many times per year. Kurt Johnson is a perfect example. He has won class at drag week more than anybody. But he LIVES drag racing. Not everybody does.

In the video about the failure, he said that they topped off the fuel cell sunday night. He went up to make a pass, and the throttle was not returning. So he drove it back to the pits, fixed the issue, and then made a pass monday. Apparently he has a very small fuel cell for the E85, because it ran low at the big end of his pass. But he had assumed that since he filled it last night, and didn't make a pass, there was enough. Maybe he ran gasoline before and it it used less? Anyway, I feel bad for him. In hindsight, its always easy to dog pile on a guy for his mistakes, but we all mess up.

Last edited by Hemi_Joel; 09/20/22 01:58 PM.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"