Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
It amazes me how many people show up to this event w/ last minute rushed builds. shruggy If there was ever an event NOT to wait until the last minute to prepare for, this is it IMO.

People work on builds for years. You get to a point where you think you are close at registration time, so you pay your money and sign up. Next thing you know, life gets in the way, parts don’t fit, can’t get parts, etc… You’ve paid your money, and think this might be the only chance you can do this, and the next thing you know, you are installing parts in the tech line.

It’s easy to say how it should be done, but until you sign up, and go for it, a person just doesn’t understand.

I think it is due to the mandatory pre-registration. Having to commit to it months in advance instead of show up here on this date if you want to race.
I just can't imagine making that big of a monetary commitment to something when I wasn't prepared for it at all.
Guess that's better than promising to set the world on fire in drag week for years and hear nothing but crickets every time.

I don’t care how they word it there isn’t an excuse in the world how when these guys go to one or two events a year they can’t be ready for it. After a full race season and 8 days at the Halloween Classic I step away from my car for a week or two. Then it’s go time to get ready for spring. Going on year 48 and i approach it like year one.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time