Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Originally Posted by powertrip
Spectator at 131 last year, will be spectating at Indy this year. All of your cars are cool as heck, I WILL participate once my junk gets sorted.

Having things stolen from me at the track before, I have a question for those of you who have participated: How do you secure your parts and tools at the tracks, and how do you secure your cars overnight at the motel?

I lock the doors and roll the windows up at the hotel lol. There is generally some kind of action in the parking lot most of the night, people rolling in late, or people just hanging out having some cold snacks tend to keep trouble makers away. I imagine it is irritating if you are not a car person and you are on a business trip and you end up at one of these hotels!

I have not had any issues leaving my pile of items in the pits. The larger crowds of spectators at each one of these events worries me but thankfully there has been very little(if any) theft that I aware of. I do keep the laptop in the car even if I am not using it
for tuning.

Without a bunch of motorhomes and car haulers in the pits, you get to know your pit neighbor pretty quick. The view of everything going on in the pits is pretty wide open. If some outsider where to start digging through your stuff, I think somebody would notice. I suspect that any low life who got caught stealing somebody's junk out of the pits would be subject to a pretty severe thrashing by an angry mob of drag weekers!

I do quite a bit to secure my car at the motel, so I can sleep well. But I'm not going to disclose my methods on the public forum for obvious reasons.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"