Sorry to learn about the loss of your sister - I lost a brother to Covid-19 in October 2021 - take time to remember the good times and cherish the family love - it will help with your transition.

My first car was a 1959 Plymouth Savoy 4 door- black exterior, black and gray cloth interior, flat head straight 6 with 3 on the tree - I purchased it a week after I graduated HS in 1969 - for $175. Drove it daily for about 12 months, sold it for $200 with a rebuilt engine and radiator, new clutch and new brakes,battery, exhaust and tires. It was a great first car and it was all I could afford at that time. The person I sold the car to - used it daily for at least 5 years - I saw the car often in my area.

I saved up every penny during the Savoy ownership - and in January 1970 I factory ordered a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 - B7 Jamaica Blue Metallic exterior, B5 interior, 727, 3.55 Sure Grip, GoodYear Polyglas Raised White Letter tires, bench with center arm rest, AM thumb wheel, Heavy duty cooling and upgraded battery with Deluxe interior. Loved the car - but had to sell to fund last two years of college - wish I kept it but at that time, it was finish my degree or keep the car - Put 42K on the car in three (3) years - great performer with no major repairs - I installed day 2 American Racing Equipment T70-R wheels with H60 - 15 in the rear, Delco Air shocks, Accel distributor, re-jetted the Carter AVS... it was a budget muscle car and performed well. $2800 out the door ...

CarCraft magazine in May 1970 did a Budget Muscle Car test comparison of 4 cars - the 1970 Mustang Mach 1 351 Cleveland, the 1970 Nova SS 350, the Dodge Dart Swinger 340 and the Plymouth Duster 340. The Duster 340 was the least expensive of the 4 cars, and was the winner in the 1/4 mile test = by a sizable margin. Cheapest and fastest - worked for me - and the factory warranty was 5 years / 50,000 miles for the drive train ... Plymouth Makes It!

Last edited by VS29H0B; 04/08/22 12:48 AM.

Like the women I have dated --- Always looking for a better deal ....