Trying to get out of the funk of my Sister passing I'm going through some old pics she has stashed away.
Loving looking into the past and knowing there are many here whose first car was a mopar let's see what you have.
If your first car was not mopar don't despair, post up your first mopar.
Do add a little history.
Here's mine: at age 15 I bought an ex cop car at a municipal aucton, burnt valves, bullet holes, broken torsion bar and slipping trans.
Armed with a chilton manual, borrowed motor stand, and a strong limb of a walnut tree in our front yard I yanked the engine abd began a summers worth of learning.Dad was not a car guy so I read, and picked the brain (and borrowed tools) from a neighbor that owned a repair shop a short bike ride toward town.
He mechanic helped me pick out parts, cam, lifters springs,pistons, bearings, rings, distributor, some afb tricks a "hot coil" breathes some life into that tired 383. Never dynoed, I sure had fun beating a lot of my school buddies small block mustangs and camaro's. First race wiith a "big boy" was a guy with a hopped up gto. I thought I'd fall down as my legs were shaking so bad as I collected $50 bucks from him,
Car served me well through hs, and part way through college until a deer and cut slope strike shifted the front unibody. With everything mechanical yet good I swapped it into an I6 powered 53 ford p.u. and sold her off for a more economical Austin Healey I despised and into a Maverick to finish schooling. Promptly back into Mopars with a 72 340 Challenger. And, the beat goes on....
Nor Cal guys might notice the very Stroppini -like motor stand.

First Car Summer 72.jpg