Originally Posted by justinp61
Originally Posted by grancuda
Here’s a pic of my ‘70 Sport Satellite I bought at 15 years old for $500 in 1990. The summer I was 16 I helped my grandpa in his collision body shop get it ready to paint as you see it here. Fun car, had it 2 years.

Years ago, I could've bought a 69 Sport Satellite, 383 4bbl, 3.55's, auto, bucket seats and console, mod top for $400. It was pretty much a Road Runner without the bling. Yes, I'm an idiot! spank

My cop belvedere was a 4 door road-runner. Imagine it later first with a pair of lucas square 8's in the gaping grille opening with black painted 1/4" mesh screen behind, later found grille and taillights from a rr with the horizontal divider that mad it look a lot less cop.
The square 8's were great lights for when street racing on our back country roads.
p.s. Thanks guys, this is great hearing stories and seeing pics of old iron memories.
p.p.s. The mechanic that worked in the neighbors shop owned a ws23j8g car that I never considered racing and lusted for all my young life.
he knew a lot of tricks and taught me how to reduce friction and improve oil flow with careful honing, burnishing, polishing, porting, spring testing, tuning and a host of checks and re checks.
It was a lot for me as a kid and may have played into my hobby and career choices.