Looks like a majority of you had a cooler first car than me. Sorry, no pics, time frame would have been around '83. Very first car was a '68 4dr Dart 270. Parents helped buy it, was bought off a friend of theirs. Car didn't look too bad, drove it less than 4 months due to engine issues (slant 6 indestructible? HA!) , electrical issues. What ultimately caused me to lose my interest was realizing literally EVERY panel on the car had bondo on it, A LOT of bondo. bondo

After the Dart fiasco, my parents were like, "lets see you do better" , ended up buying a '73 Satellite Sebring. Satellite was as rusty as the Dart was full of bondo, BUT it ran/drove with very minor issues, and was a fun ride for about 9 months.

After the Satellite, ended up buying a '77 Gran Fury ex-NY State Police car (bought off person who bought car at auction). THIS is the car I wish I had back.

So, in the span of 3 yrs, I went from a wheezing slanty, to a 'cop spec' 440, all for about $1K invested.

*sigh*

I actually had a '70 Barracuda I picked up for cheap before I bought the Satellite. For how bad the Barracuda was, by today's standards, it wasn't bad, and would have been an easy fix today. Back then, was before reproductions parts had really started for these cars and MIG welders weren't readily available. It was just a plain slanty powered Barracuda that had had a VERY hard 14 yrs of use. While it lot drove, it was no where near being a daily driver, which is what I needed and why I jumped to the Satellite. I sold off the Barracuda to someone who dropped in a small block and promptly wrecked it. whiney

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥