Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Hey Jim! I'm assuming this pic has the ICL about where you want it to be? If so, Jesel hasn't changed the indexing on the cam pulley. Every Jesel I have seen true "0" shows-up retarding, if that makes sense!?
No, that was the starting point for today's ton of measurements. Two degrees retarded is the last place I expect to leave it, so I start there and change it for all my measurements.

Part 5 – Cam Mapping. Build Notes
This morning I completed mapping the cam lobe events at three positions. Every mark on the Jesel did result in 2 crankshaft degrees change in timing (within measurement tolerance).
The cam card recommends 111 deg intake, 115 deg exhaust (113 LSA). I call that 2 degrees actual advance. When I set the Jesel marks to +2 advanced, this is what I measured.
It might be more information than most people want... Many should just look at the measurements at 0.050" lobe lift.

The way I look at it and the way this cam is ground, to get the intake lobe centerline at 113 ATC ("true zero"), the Jesel would be set at 1/4 deg retarded.
When I did these measurements with the Jesel at the zero mark, I came up with the intake lobe centerline 112.75 ATC (at 0.050" tappet lift).

I might set it at +4 this afternoon, just for more piston to valve information. But I don't plan to run it there based on these measurements.

CamMapping+2deg.jpg
Last edited by 440Jim; 11/19/21 12:32 PM. Reason: Added "true zero" comment

1993 Daytona, 5.50 at 130mph (1/8) 1.19 sixty ft (PG). Link to 572 B1 - Part 1