Originally Posted by 73cuda340
The last seal that I put in was one of the fast fish one piece seals and retainer setups. I've only ran the car for about 10 minutes and it hasn't leaked. Just hoping to find out the cause so that this one doesn't start leaking.

Originally Posted by 73cuda340

The most recent time I changed it, I swapped in a new retainer with the one piece seal, since I bought it as a kit. Every other time I changed just the seal, or the engine builder did, it leaked.

I am getting a bit confused,
But if I am understanding you correctly, You now have no leak after running the motor with the FF seal for 10 minutes with no dipstick tube Correct ???
IF so, get the dipstick tube installed. Attach a fuel pump tester / vacuum gauge to the dipstick tube. Start the motor and see if it starts building pressure. It should not with 2 open to air/ atmosphere breathers on it.
Slowly increase the RPM while watching the gauge. It should not be building any pressure.
Next take it for a drive again while watching the gauge.
If at any time it starts building pressure with two open breathers you have a ring seal issue. PERIOD!!!
Nothing is going to fix the issue if there is one except correcting the problem.
The GAUGE will answer the question PERIOD!!
twocents beer