Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
A rear main seal should not leak, period tsk
Trying to band aid it will only make you mad and drive you nuts twocents
You need to take the time to find out exactly what is causing your oil leak, remove the dust cover from the bell housing and see if oil is being slung out from the crankshaft flange onto the front of the flex plate or is it leaking from the side seals and being blown around by the flex plate and converter.
I've seen guys chase a rear oil leak thinking it was the rear main seal when it was the rear cam plug, also when leaking from the rear of the valley cover or the rear of the intake valley cover by the Hemi intakes or Max Wedge intakes and even rocker arm covers leaking and dripping down and getting blown around all over the trans and the rear of the motor scope
My S/P bracket motor has a GZ vacuum pump on it, before adding the pump the 12 quart aluminum oil pan would seep a little oil out of one of the welds a tiny bit setting or running, not enough to drip though. It doesn't do that anymore with the vacuum pump, I don't know if it sucked in some dirt with the oil and plug the leaky weld or not confusedshruggy
Take a close look at your motor and find out exactly why it is leaking and then fix that thumbs scope wrench

THIS up beer