Weedburner is correct about 1st to 2nd gear change taking the hit as that was the first thing that went away on mine, due in part to it's 3200lb weight.The now defunct Vitar Transmissions was the original builder of my B&M cluchflite.At that weight and probably around 575hp at that time,went away after about 75 runs, part my fault as I neglected to check and adjust the wide Hemi-style kickdown band overheating the front drum and trashing front clutch plates and discs.Learned that lesson and how to build clutchflites for the future.Made access hole in floor and fabbed some tools and I could check the bandfrom the front seat every 5-8 runs.That seemed to work better even with about 100hp more.Used a McLeod single disc clutch the whole time and it lasted.With that gearspread, not many consistant mid-weight ,high hp cars run a 3spd trans with a clutch in front of it. I had originaly found a clutchflite for my current car but donated it to a friend for a Big Willie Robinson tribute Charger he is putting together,as it will be mostly for car shows and fun driving.One last thing, I PROMISE,remember that cluchflite goes in and out of the vehicle with the scattershield bolted on the front. You need room, as its a little bit of fun lining up the splines, pilot bushing , and the3 finger pump drive mechanism all at the same time with the scattershield on the front. Bill