Makes me wonder what the safe level of building a clutch flite with all the good parts A&A sells and improving all the other weak links. This car is not going to be a car that goes to the track every weekend. It likely will go to either NProStock events just for fun and maybe some NSuperStock Events with the other SSBA car that has a 572 Hemi in it now with an A&A parts 727. Just a guess but maybe 50-75 passes at the most every year and a tear down and a look inside every Winter both motor and transmission. Could always pull a bunch of HP out of the Hemi to keep it fun maybe under 1000 HP and not be fixing it constantly if there is a weak point. It is not like we need to win every weekend with the car. The Old Pro Stock would be more of a go fast show car but we do like to run some faster numbers better than it did with the small Hemi.

Members on Moparts sure have opened up our eyes on a lot more stuff so keep posting, I know this is not a couple of day learning curve and will need something for next season not this season while the car is stripped and repainted in its previous paint colors and updating Safety Equipment and up grading the car to an 850 tag. Keeping ahead of the game for next year is what we are trying to do right now and the transmission choice need to be made. Myself I liked the Liberty Crash box I ran in my car back in the 70s but Hemis make a lot more power now than back then. Would like to keep the car looking like a factory piece both body and drive train.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY