Thats an interesting concept of controlling a transbrake the way TRENDZ was describing in the post above. Just like launching a stick car, if I'm understanding it right. Release button activated by clutch pedal. Would require some inhibitor switch integration, preventing against untimely activation.Hemicar1971, would that be legal by the rules you are building to? It seems many convertor driven Torqueflites are staying together in vehicles with weight and horsepower similar to yours.Taking a stout clutch hit of that magnitude with the scattershield adaptor housing, front pump,and trans case being sandwiched together with those skimpy, now longer front pump bolts is asking a lot.
Something else that comes to mind is dialing in bellhousing run-out with all those pieces assembled together.I never checked that on mine,being a youngster , but realize that could have been an influence on the seepage that I continually chased.TRENDZ idea of controlling the transbrake with a clutch pedal switch while retaining a torque converter seems worth a look if it were legal for your class.Would definitely need proper electrical/interrupting system to prevent accidental reverse gear engagement as that left leg may want to step on clutch pedal at a BAD time. I am very interested to see where this thread goes as racing with a clutch pedal is ALWAYS a thrill. Bill