I'm gonna jump on the Hawaii bandwagon with the others. I have been twice, and enjoyed each trip. The last one was the best, and we did it in 2003. My wife and I spent 12 days there, and it was the best trip EVER! We got invited to a breakfast the morning after we arrived on Oahu, and figured it was some sort of time share sales deal. We both know how to say no, so we went for the free breakfast. Turned out, it was a travel agent that arranged and sold packages of stuff to do in Hawaii. You pay for it all up front, and just go have fun. We booked something to do every day, and most days we did more than one. Honestly, it kept us busy instead of just wandering around aimlessly and missing out on Hawaii away from Waikiki. We did a day trip to the Big Island, which was awesome, but most of our time was spent on Oahu. We went on a snorkeling trip, went to North Shore, went to Diamond Head, went on a dinner cruise, went to a Luau, and yes....we went to Pearl Harbor. We actually went to Pearl Harbor on Memorial Day! We had to wait for our turn to take the launch out to the USS Arizona Memorial because an Arizona survivors ashes were being placed in the sunken USS Arizona by US Navy divers. The aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson, had just returned from the Persian Gulf the day before, and was docked directly across from the Arizona Memorial. What looked like every single sailor on the USS Carl Vinson was on deck, dressed in their dress whites, at attention, while the Navy divers transported the deceased Arizona survivors ashes to the ship and interred him with his fallen ship mates. I'll never forget that as long as I live. If you do decide to go to Hawaii, stay long enough to make the long flight worth it, and to see everything you can see while you're there. I seriously doubt you will ever regret it! Have a great trip wherever you decide to go! up