Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Thanks!
She says she wants to go snorkeling, and whale sighting. That's good news that she is thinking of stuff. I would like to see pearl harbor, a live lava flow, the sun rise or set over the ocean from a tall mountain, and spend some time on the beach and other tourist stuff.

A few of those are easy. Maui: Snorkeling at milepost 14 (between Kihei and Lahaina) is great. The water is calm so very little risk. You don’t have to be an athlete or great swimmer there.
A tall mountain........wow. Haleakala, it’s 10,023 feet and as I recall it’s the only 10,000 foot drive from sea level you can do in a single trip. The sunrises there are legendary, but you will embark EARLY, like 3:00 or so if you expect to see sunrrize. You also get an amazing view of a crater, and the island.

As stated earlier, Maui is laid back, slow, little night life, lots of culture if you look for it.

Pearl means Oahu. Of course, and that means Honolulu and Waikiki beach——ever want to see women in bathing suits they would NEVER wear back home, but should? That’s Waikiki.....seriously. No really, seriously. Honolulu (still right there with Waikiki) has the nightlife, and shows, if that’s your thing.

Go.

I forgot whale watching. Wife and I went on one in Maui, Gray whales, Aka “right whales” and we had to shut down cause a whale was surfacing and bumping our boat.......RIGHT there. The guides said that kind of display happens maybe once every other year-for them—and they do it every day. So Maui is fine for that, but treat it as a boat trip, and maybe you see something, maybe you don’t and have fun. it’s a very seasonal thing, so maybe you are there at the right time, maybe not.

Last edited by Pacnorthcuda; 03/17/20 12:02 AM.