Originally Posted by calmopar
Originally Posted by StukaJU87
Originally Posted by DoctorDiff
Have UPS pick up the damaged item to confirm the package was not re-shipped.

Doc is correct.

I bought a guitar from a well known collector in California. He shipped it to my house in NJ. It had a broken headstock when it arrived. I called him to let him know and then I called UPS and they sent a guy to my house to take pictures and inspect the packaging and damage to the guitar.

They initially refused the claim. It took him about a year to get that settled. KNOW this. The purchaser of the insurance has to deal with the claim. He was a stand up guy and immediately sent me a identical guitar. (he had 4 at the time)

The UPS adjuster has to go to YOUR customers house to see the packaging and item. At least that's how it worked in my case.

What guitar did you get? I've noticed that guitars have appreciated far better than cars over the last 20 years.

Who did you get it from (if you don't mind me asking)? I know a few of those guys out here - started an Amp company with one of them and Ronnie Montrose years ago.

It was a Custom Shop Jackson Rhoads. 1 of 25 that were made for members of the JCF (Jackson Charvel Forum).
The fellas name is Dave Ingram. Awesome guy to buy from or do trades.

Scott

1969 Super Bee, 383/4 speed