Originally Posted by jcc
1. I just heard today about what the buyer is thinking as to resolution, meaning i'm assuming UPS is not reachable until Monday.
2. I understand the original box may not be the best container, but it looked fine, and was the original shipping box.
3. The items were two separately boxed and joined 12" speakers, package weight 54lbs
4. According to pics, there was obvious exterior box damage.
5. both speaker cones appeared to be almost completely destroyed, they are a plastic/carbon fiber material, but how exactly is not clear
6. I do have pics of perfect functional speakers pre shipping, but not sure that proves the way they went in the box.
7. The time delay seems to me to be buyers biggest unexplained hurdle.
8. I get UPS is not my friend in this matter.

What can I expect to be Paypals typical response before I start opening cans of worms here?

PayPal is on the side of the party receiving, NOT you. They will probably just reverse the charge & then you just got stuck. As far as UPS paying the claim, even though you had it insured, you are SOL as they will just say "improper packaging." If the claim was under $100.00, then they would probably just pay you, but since it's more, it's "improper packaging." FedEx is the SAME way - they are no better than UPS. They are so big & so powerful, they just do not care. Been there & done that. I do not take PayPal. If you take a credit card, then they will listen to your side of the story - it is not all one-sided like PayPal is. Good luck.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified