I've had two incidents of parts damage in shipping, first one was a pair of fibreglas doors I bought from Herb McCandless years ago, Roadway freight delivered them to my shop in SO CA. The package had a forklift tonque, probe, lift, size and shape hole on one side and it went through one of the doors shock whiney
I called Herb to let him know and Roadway ended up paying me for the total package price of both doors and they took the damaged door and I got to keep the other one shruggy
The second claim was on a used crankshaft B motor 4.25 stroke crankshaft that I had bought from Ohio Crankshaft company a long time ago, I bought six now ones and the one used one, three new RB and 3 new B and the one used B one for me. I ended up using three of the new ones on customers builds before unpacking the used one I bought for myself. I didn't notice it was damaged on the rear flywheel mounting flange, it was bent a bunch shock, before taking it to the machine shop along with the rods, pistons and so on for balancing. The shop called me when they noticed it and I got it back and gave them one of then ew ones for my build. I called the freight company about filing a claim, I think it was UPS ground, and they told me that it was insured for $100.00 puke
I called Ohio Crankshaft and told them about it being bent and ask why they had only insured them for $100.00 each, I sent it back to them and they replaced it with a new one and paid for shipping it to me for no out of pocket expenses to me boogie
I had ask them to send me another new one and insured it for $1300.00 but they no, ship it back and we will take care of it devil work
I had paid right around $400.00 each for the new ones and $200.00 for the used one shruggy
I haven't been so lucky on new defective engine parts that had failed in the motor, which has been more than one whiney

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/30/19 03:43 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)