I don’t know if the dyno used for that test was a 901 or a 902, and I have no experience with a 902.

But, on the 901’s I’ve used...... the temp probe connections get plugged into receptacles on the engine stand, that are already labeled, and coincide with a particular “channel”.

It doesn’t matter which probe you plugged into the “water out” receptacle...... whether it was really air temp, fuel temp, oil temp....... whatever it was....... it was going to be on the sheet in the “water out” column.

As I said, in WinDyn you could put it on any page you like, and call it whatever you want.

With the test in question, It seems pretty obvious to me........ you’d like to know what the water temp of the motor is for testing....... so if it’s there on the page with the other normal testing data...... it’s the engine coolant temp.

Many dyno operators run on town water instead of having a storage tank........ and in that type of system, there would be no problem having the engine being tested at a water temp as low as 110*.

On the left, are the two rows of holes for electrical connections.
The bottom row is where the temp probes get plugged in. The plugs are like old school headphone jacks.
They’re marked as “cat”, “water in”, “water out”, “oil in”, “oil out”, “fuel”, etc....... and there is a corresponding channel, and column on the print out for each.

8DAB632A-8E3C-474A-99E3-061B922662CB.pngA550070F-AE08-47FF-8D15-6624638E8702.png

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads