Originally Posted by sr4440
FYI the "water out" temp is the water temp coming out of the brake, not the engine temp. At least that's the way it is on my superflow dyno. Not really sure why you would have that on the 1st page. Also a 1.08-1.10 is pretty normal correction factor.
to the OP did the dyno operator give you a "customer data pack"?

Joe

110 for water temp coming out of the brake makes sense. Having it on the first page doesn't since nobody really cares about that number except the dyno operator. I do agree that that is probably the explanation though since I can't see how the water coming out of the engine was actually 110 degrees on a 102 degree day.

I also agree that the VE numbers were way too high which indicates perhaps an issue with the air turbine. Wide band info during the dyno pull would've been useful. If that wasn't available then a plug check should've been done. I agree that the engine was probably fat on the dyno.

Based on the specs that engine should not have any trouble making more than 600 hp when it is properly tuned. If it was my engine I'd be shooting for 650hp with an engine like that. 700 hp if I ported the intake and used a Dominator.

Last edited by AndyF; 01/05/20 03:55 PM.