The HS I went to was too far out in the sticks for anyone to ride a bicycle to. There wasn't even a place to park bikes.

Motorcycles on the other hand..........there were a couple.

I didn't have a problem with my parents letting me buy my own car, part of that was because the very first car I had, they helped me get, and we got burned kinda bad on it. I guess the thought was to see how I'd do on my own, with no input from them. I ended up buying (for CHEAP) a rusty '73 Satellite Sebring with a bad torque converter (snout was broken, sounded like a rod knock). I had to fix it myself. I couldn't afford a repair shop to do it. Learned a lot because of that car in the short time I owned it. I didn't get burned like the with the first ride, but, there was much more wrong with the car than I realized and being so rusty, it got junked. Had a lot of fun with it too.

In the time I was in HS, I went from a '68 Dart 270 (4dr), to the Satellite, bought but never drove the '70 Barracuda, and ended with a '77 Gran Fury cop car. The cop car cost me the most at $500.

*sigh*

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥