I do know my high school on some days would of made people think, some of the easy ones to recall is a nice blown chevy II, my tunnel rammed hemi bee, or my six pack 70 runner. My friends daily driver a 440-6 in a 73 cuda and on nicer days his 70 shaker 440-6, that one his dads car. One car I was always racing after school was a early 70-s camero with a nash 5 speed and some soft tires for the day and ran well. A boss 351 mustang, like a 71 mach1? maybe. A few 340 a body 4 speed cars. And although the gearhead crowd wasnt too big for a school of 800 kids there were about 20 muscle cars on any givin day if you count the couple early-mid 70-s trans am-s. A old Monte Carlo with a 427 tri power vette motor we put in (he later went on to crash it and kill three female riders he just met in that car and did 5 years for that) wish we would of geared it alot lower.

So there was almost always a grudge race or two at the end of the school week, I recall going to the chrysler dealership on a friday night to get me a 4:10 ring and pinion because the nash camero would holeshot me by two cars and hold it with my 3:55 gear, I did beat him but it took the old school 727 launch and a chipped ring gear in the end but i got him.

There were a good many CJ jeeps, ramchargers and other 4x4s that were the in thing, It had to be like 78-79 cause one rich kid had a new jean machine truck and would try to beat it senseless.

No vans I can recall, GYM teacher was hot and she drove a challenger t/a and a smokey and the bandit t/a on nicer days.

Them were fun times.

STOP POTATO HATE!