If that picture is a HS parking lot, it’s a weekend car show held in a HS parking lot. Note the car in the next row with the hood open for example.
But I call bullchitt on the contention that cool Mopars never parked together back then. I always parked my T/A in the far row adjacent to the road that my HS was on back in ‘79-‘80, and my friend Marty often parked his 70 F8 Roadrunner next to me, along with my friend Johns primer gray ‘70 Charger 500. We were sort of the outcast row at my snobby Chicago north shore suburb HS. Some of the rich spoiled kids had new Trans Ams. One kid had a 71 Superbee white with custom painted panels reminiscent of how many 70s custom vans were painted. A super quiet kid I never got to know drove a ‘69 Buick GS with slicks to school, since I never knew him I don’t know anything about the motor but it sounded healthy. Another kid had a brown 69 GTO. One rich kid I knew who didn’t have a new Trans Am drove a blue 69 Camaro RS, and one day he tells me he kept seeing a 69 pace car Camaro vert parked in front of a house in Chicago, and tracked down the owner and bought it from him for $4500. Then there was a azzhat jock who had a 71 Chevelle SS 402, one evening he was picking up his girlfriend after work at the grocery store I worked at, and shot off his cocky mouth at one of my friends who was a bag boy out retrieving carts, my friend went by his house in the middle of the night not long afterward and attacked the car with his wrist rocket and trashed it pretty good. I didn’t condone that activity, the car didn’t deserve it even if it was a Chevy. As for the jock, I have no sympathy for him, he really was an azz. But thankfully not an azz who was into Mopars!
When I was a freshman there were 2 grabber green 70 Boss 302s being driven to school by upperclassmen.
My T/A and me both somehow survived HS and still are around, but sadly several Mopars owned by classmates didn’t. One crazy kid named Scott bought a ‘71 B5 roadrunner he totaled within a couple months. The one that really bums me out was a solid Vanishing Point lookalike Challenger R/T 383 4 speed missing a fender that turned up sitting in front of a local gas station for sale for $800. My cars front seats were ripped up, and if nothing else I wanted the car just for its mint interior. But I wasn’t in a position to buy another car, and parents wouldn’t have allowed it in the driveway. This loser from my class named Jeff bought it, and shortly afterwards some of his “friends” attacked it with hammers and wrecked it. I went over to his house after I heard that to see if he still had it and would sell me the seats but his dad told me to go away when I knocked on his door.
I hated my HS and most of the snobby kids there, but do have fond memories of some of the cars! I wish I had borrowed my dads camera and took some pictures...