Agree the photo is a bit of BS for high school unless it was a very affluent school, and its unlikely those high schools would have had much in the way of muscle cars. Vettes and sports cars maybe.

I graduated in '83. I had a very clean and nice '68 Road Runner. There were a couple other clapped out and primered mopars at school. There was a group of us that all parked together at the far end of the parking lot to avoid the general population parking idjits. In this bunch was my Road Runner, a '68 SS396 Chevelle, a '70 SCJ Mustang, a very nice V8 Vega, an Olds W machine, a really nice '65 fastback Mustang with a 289 Hi Po along with a gaggle of the most prolific high school vehicles, 65-67 Mustang coupes.

The vast majority of the student body was driving more pedestrian version of the cool cars made from 65-78. We also had a pretty equal amount of imports with Honda and Datsun being the primary brands in that catagory.

Nobody had blowers, although there was a set of Cragar SSTs on one of the Mustangs. One guy was even able to wheel and deal a set of Centerlines because of his swap meet work and employee discount at Super Shops.