Originally Posted by Bad340fish
Originally Posted by Thumperdart
If EFI is so much better(which I don't believe it is in every case)then why did Pro Stock slow down across the board. Plus there's some well known heads up racers I know that sold there's and went BACK to carbs and picked up LOTS of power......My opinion on the 2 places it shines, 1, on our daily drivers get to work stuff and 2, super high end high power(2000+hp)stuff but in between that carbs shine and I've been part of it personally...........

Pro stock didn't just swap to EFI, they also got a 10,500 RPM limit, lost the scoop, and run a spec throttle body and intake tube.

Not to say that the carb still wouldn't make more power but I feel it would be MUCH closer or equal had they got to keep the tunnel rams.

The RPM limit didn't hurt the GM architecture.

The hood scoop was on of the MOST cried about pieces of a Pro Stock car ever. WJ sniveled about them for years and claimed a huge gain in MPH if the big "mail box" was gone from the car.

EFI retarded Pro Stock in more than one way.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston