Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY
Thats the issue here... if you look at the question you can have 2 answers.. a injector by itself will atomize
better but in a full system as in TBI you have a intake(mixer area) a MPI has higher pressure than a TBI
and the MPI will atomize better
EDIT
I had 10 years of flowing injectors and building the flow stand
wave

Aren't most of the modern retrofit throttle body EFI systems now running basically 8 MPI injectors bunched together and running high pressure (50PSI or so) and squirting it in the throttle body?

Another benefit for modern cars is that a dry manifold can be made more effective at ram tuning and physically fitting into any given engine compartment than one designed to carry a mix of air with fuel suspended evenly into it. The beer barrel intake on a magnum or modern hemi is a perfect example, they have even length and shape from one runner to the next as well as a long length that would let fuel drop out at low velocipy. They would both have terrible distribution with a carb (either a down draft on a magnum or side draft on hemi).

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!