Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by MoonshineMattK
Can anyone please explain how a carb atomizes fuel better than fuel injection.

For the sake of my question both the carb and fuel injection are tuned properly.

I don't think anyone on this thread knows the answer to that question. That is a very complicated technical question and nobody would be able to prove it one way or the other without a lab full of equipment. A carb works opposite of injection so the behavior is totally different. In a carb the low pressure area in the venturi sucks the fuel out of the bowl. The pressure differential in a carb is only 5 or 6 psi while an injector operates around 50 psi. The metering block in a carb adds air bubbles to the fuel which helps. There is no air bubble system in an injector.

If someone really wants to know the answer to this question they would need to talk to an injector engineer at Bosch. My guess is that they know how to measure it and and could explain it.

My understanding is that a 5 gas analyzer would tell you how the fractions are being converted. What happens to the flame front when the mixture isn't ideally homogenized? Just because you atomize fuel doesn't mean the mixture is ideal at the time of ignition. I'm no expert but maybe the question of atomization is just one part of the puzzle.

Maybe a thorough reading of Ricardo's work might shed some light on the matter