Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by Gavin
There's really no debate to be had on which technology atomises better. You've had at least two people who have worked in the industry say the same thing (Mr P Body and myself). Higher pressure gives better atomisation. EFI is ALWAYS higher pressure therefore, leaving the carb or injector, better atomisation, every time, period.

Per my original reply - what you do with it after that is getting a lot of good discussion here, but there's no uncertainty about which device atomises better.

I am still in doubt about which system, EFI or a dual quad tunnel ram set up, is better for a all out drag race motor work shruggy Hence NHRA Pro Stock not going faster now with EFI than they did with dual carbs on a tunnel ram intakes work
I remember several different mechanical fuel injector companies testing the location of the injectors heights in there all out race set ups for dirt and asphalt track roundy round all out race cars work

My understanding is that the higher up you can place the injector the more power you can make, downside is they are a little harder to dial in for street driving with the injector way up the intake.

It would have been interesting to see what happened with pro stock if the EFI conversion didn't require the loss of the scoops and tunnel rams. Holley makes a 4500 bolt pattern throttle body that is 2500CFM, a pair of those on a tunnel ram would be fun.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340