Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
I feel if the fuel curve on the Demon could be sorted out, it would have made within a few hp of the others...

Yeah, something in the current tune w/ the Race Demon (which basically duplicated what my Gold Claw last used on the car) is just... wrong.

The previous dyno tests w/ the Gold Claw using a different emulsion config started & ended in a normal A-F range, but had a prominent lean swing in the mid-range. I thought the basic changes I made would have simply flattened out the curve, not make it go progressively richer as the RPM increased.

IIRC, (don't have my notes on hand), with both carbs set up w/ 1.42" venturi sleeves, .026 & 70 air bleeds, 80 pri & 90 sec jets, .035 IFRs, and the same .160" ID downleg boosters, the difference was the original Gold Claw emulsion stack was .031"/blank/.031"/blank/.031", whereas I set up the Race Demon with .028"/blank/blank/.028"/blank (more of a traditional Holley DP configuration). Regardless, the two tunes ran waaay differently re air-fuel curves than I would guessed.

Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
I'm fairly certain there is 5-10hp left on the table if you could really get one of the annular carb combos dialed right in.

That's what I'm hoping, but am in wait-and-see mode until the car's back on the track. One thing I did notice was the run w/ the QF 1.59 annular using the 32 MABs actually made more power across the RPM range, even though it went rich at the very end, than the subsequent runs where we leaned out the MABs.

That original QF 1.59 annular pull made more power across most of the RPM range than the QF 1.52 downleg did w/ the 88/98 tune, too. That 1.52 tune is quite a bit richer than I'd expected because the QFT RQ-1000 tune out-of-the-box has 82 & 88 jets and a much leaner .035 MAB. Those BLP .450" ID x .155" leg boosters worked REALLY differently than I anticipated. I thought w/ their improved booster signal that they'd want less jet, not more. confused

FWIW. I checked last night and verified the QFT RQ-1050-AN tune w/ THEIR metering blocks starts at 33 & 73 air bleeds, 84 pri & 90 sec jets, and .035 IFRs. I'm not 100% sure about their emulsion stack -- although I think whatever they don't plug gets .029" or .031" e-jets -- or their PVCRs size.

I put mine together using Holley Ultra XP .160" angle channel metering blocks with 32 & 73 bleeds, 84 & 92 jets, .035 IFRs (lowered), an emulsion stack of .0305"/blank/.0305"/blank/blank, and .059" PVCRs.

ALL of my carbs have room to mess w/ their tunes. wrench