Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Quote:
The part-throttle was rich on all of them, not lean, and really out of normal range in at least one case.

And not just a little rich either........some were way way rich with light loads simulating highway driving.
Under those conditions, the main circuit is already flowing plenty of fuel,........and you're not going to lean out the mixture by 3.5 points by tweaking an air bleed.

All the carbs had a tendency to richen up throughout the run(both the turbines and O2 agreed).......some worse than others.

Quote:
- Enough of the carb stuff I saw didn't make sense to me that I ended up stealing Quick Fuel's tune (as much as I knew, at least) for the 1.59 v annular rather than use what I'd intended

And, as I recall, it seemed to have the flattest fuel curve.

Thanks BH/DP for posting.

This (WOT fuel curve, cruise) mirrors my past results.

Did you look at the boosters at cruise RPM and the A/R befor the booster started flowing? Mine was fat before they were flowing and not flowing much at the lower RPM. The IFR did matter. My testing was in the 2000 to 2500 range.

Do you believe that if you did track testing under similar conditions, and based on et and mph, you would have come up with the same hierarchy?

Do you believe that cruise numbers in the 12s will truly cruise poorly on the street.

Finally,based on what an O2 sensor is really measuring, and how low the fuel flow/air flow measurements are (relative to their span) how robust do you thing the cruise A/F numbers are?

Thanks