Still about 2 hours out from home & Mike's driving again.

Miscellaneous comments...

I wasn't expecting it to want that much ignition advance. My Stage VIs' sweet spot was 35, which is why we started out about there. But we weren't seeing the results until bumping it up; 36 was better than 34, but 38 was better yet.

The Race Demon fuel curve made no sense given what I'd seen before. We went from .026 MABs to .028, but it wasn't much change. At that point we yanked it off and started testing other carbs.

Things that ended up NOT like I'd expected:
- More torque by about 20 #s... and the peak RPM wasn't really any different than where it was for the old combination

- Harder to get "big" HP numbers, and I'd been HOPING we might be closer to 700, although Dwayne & I agreed it "should" make 670+ before it was tested

- Peak HP RPM... thought it would be around 6500... didn't think the small CSA heads and moderate cam would keep pulling that high

- NONE of the carbs were really "right", even after some tweaking

- The 1.52 downleg needed WAY more jet than I thought it should; we also appear to have maxed out fuel flow capacity of the metering blocks used, since adding more secondary jet stopped much in secondary fuel flow increases before we got to the 98s

- Enough of the carb stuff I saw didn't make sense to me that I ended up stealing Quick Fuel's tune (as much as I knew, at least) for the 1.59 v annular rather than use what I'd intended