JohnRR the pad looks intact
D383
3 1 2

R
its a 67 casting date and only has a number stamped on the bottom of the bellhousing under the starter
It had been apart prior to me, one of the 906 heads ended with a -1 and the other -5
Recently it has been honed and the pistons/rods bead blasted, crank polished, machinist said a couple of pistons were down a few thou, and a couple of bores slightly larger (when I did ring gap, 2 ended up .004-5 bigger)
When I originally pulled the motor down a couple of years ago I checked the deck heights with a single piston and got not identical but similar results to below, that piece of paper long gone though
The odd side was at 0 ish - I could get .003 up on #1 giving it a tap with a dowel and 2 others less, but #5 is just under
Pad side however is way off
2 - 0, +.004T
4 - +.003, +.0075T
6 - +.0025, +.007T
8 - +.005, +.008T
If that side was machined, it was done very poorly compared to the other side (and would explain the intact pad?) After looking at how both 5&6 seem a bit lower than the neighbors id say I lost a thou or two on the crank polish and 6 must be a loose piston with the high tilt value

Machinist said I would have a bit of piston slap when cold and not to race it.... plans changed - it was thrown together to get the car moving, but now has much better internals collating. Wondering how it would go with some sidewinders and 2 different gasket heights, run it till it blows and then put the good stuff in... lols