Originally Posted By Bad B-rad
My 69 383 4bbl A/C car has duel exhaust,with what looks to be factory "H" pipe and hangers and mufflers.
And I now think I figured out the yellow crayon 68 written on the front of my pass side valve cover is not a 68 it is an 899 and one 9 is gone and its written upside down.
I will now have to go see if the pipes and mufflers have any numbers on them so I can figure out this semi-mystery!!!

Also do 383HP MAGNUM ROAD RUNNER 335Horse engines use the same pistons as 383 330horse pistons, or do the 335horse motors have valve pockets in them?
Could you put a "RoadRunner/Magnum" cam in the 330hp 383 with 2bbl cam with out causing any damage? I know my engine(330horse) the pistons almost have a positive deck height at TDC.

Someone changed the headpipes on that car, there isn't an H pipe on any 383 Mopar , only on 440hp, 6pk 70/71 and Hemi cars.

The 383 330hp and 335 hp engine in 68 and 69 have the same pistons, .0025 in the hole with NO VALVE RELIEFS, there is only flat top or big round shallow dish pistons in 383's.

Yes you can put the 4bbl cam in your motor and if your pistons are positive deck height then someone cut that block or Chrysler screwed the pooch machining it originally because no 383's have a positive deck height piston from the factory ... you want to change your valve springs also with your cam change, the 4 bbl cam used a spring with an internal flat wire damper spring also.

The crayon mark I don't think is 899, the number is the engine assembly number ... I'd have to do some digging to find out what the 69 A/C equipped 383 engine assembly number is.

running up my post count some more .