Day 5, National Trail Raceway, Hebron OH

As I wrote in last year's story: "Friday on Drag Week 2015 was like a bad ending to a really good movie". I then went on to complain about everything that went on that day from the opening cars down the track to the awards ceremony to finish up. In response to my complaints, Scott Abbott, driver of the orange/primer 70 Road Runner wrote the paragraph below. Now, I don't know if the powers that be at Hot Rod Drag Week read this thread, or if Scott felt compelled to send them an E-mail, but all of his suggestions were implemented on Friday of Drag Week 2016, with outstanding results!

Hot Rod Drag Week 2015: The Experience

Originally Posted By Scott58 on 7/17/16
The solution could be as simple as opening a little earlier, letting the SME cars go FIRST on Friday, for maybe two hours, and have the Quick 32 determined as a result of only that session, then open the track for the class cars for the rest of the night, they could even run class cars between the opening rounds of the bracket race....and maybe just a little common sense on who gets the "fast lane" during class car runs.

The first part implemented was the announcement made during Thursday's action that the track at National Trail would go live at 1:30pm, not the previously scheduled 3:00.

100_2091.JPG063-2016-drag-week-hot-rod-engines-horsepower.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines