Other than Dale pulling over to splash fuel into the Gremlin, the jaunt down I-70 was uneventful, but that in and of itself, was a problem for me. It was a reminder of how boring and impersonal a super highway can be, and I found myself fighting fatigue and sleep as we approached Fairborn Ohio. When we came to our exit, the other three cars headed off in search of Foy's Halloween Store, but the Valiant and I stopped at the first available convenience store for a 24oz coffee/hot chocolate combo. It was a little after mid-night when I parked on Main Street to get our checkpoint #2 pictures, and I was shocked at how many locals were still hanging out on a Thursday. Fairborn is an Air Force/College town of 30,000 so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but it was an interesting gathering. Hanging out for a few minutes, along with the coffee, gave me my second wind, and I felt ready to roll when we pulled out of there for our final ninety-two miles of street driving on Drag Week 2016!

IMG_20160916_002457 - Copy.jpgIMG_20160916_002557.jpg100_2086 - Copy.JPGIMG_20160916_002612.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines