Donnie, the website was doing stupid things, and I thought I was going to lose my post, so I just submitted it, then edited it once I re-booted.

At around 11pm, I grabbed Rachael and told her it was time for us to bail. This would be our last chance to get a decent night's sleep, and I wasn't going to waste it.
"We'll drive the Belvedere over to Boone's, twenty-seven miles will be a good practice run", I told her as we jumped in. I explained to her three times that she had to remember this trans was forward pattern. Then as we were jumping out on the highway I pulled it back from second to first again.
She stuck her hands out and grabbed the dash as the car threw her forward. "What the heck, Dad!" she shouted.
"Just giving you an example of how catastrophic it can be if you revert back to a reverse shift pattern...".
"You are an idiot", was her immediate assessment.

"I'd forgotten how much I enjoy just driving this car", I looked over at her and smiled before we arrived back at Boone's place. "I can't believe I let this thing sit in my car port for a solid year without touching it."
"Yeah, 365 days for what? Eight hours worth of work? You bum!" She tossed her hands up in feigned disgust, but she had a smile on her face.

Saturday

The first thing I noticed when I drug my carcass out of bed Saturday morning was that Boone had never came back home. That was not a good sign.
Rachael and I pulled our laundry out of the dryer, packed our bags, and jumped in the Belvedere. We hit the McDonald's drive through for breakfast and rolled into Dale's around nine.
Boone and Dale were still working on the Duster, and both of them looked like Walking Dead extras. An hour later, Boone headed to his house to get a shower, and pack his clothes for the trip.
My cars were loaded, ratcheted down on the trailer and Rachael was helping me pack away all our supplies, when Dale asked me to help him break the cam in on the Duster. I looked at my phone to track the amount of run time we put on the 512, and realized it was 1:07pm...already an hour later than our agreed upon Noon deadline!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines