Four sets of cars after the clean up, Dale idled the Gremlin into the water box of the left lane. The 572 sounded much cleaner than last year's 440, namely because he hadn't pulled out as much timing, the plan was to hit this engine with considerably less N20.
As he was suiting up I had attempted to talk him into moving the hit further out, or running NA, but he wouldn't hear any of it.
"Look, the last two years, my opening time slip on Monday has been a 9.59. I have no intention of turning in a 9.59 to start this year!"

He left with the front wheels slightly up, but as soon as the N20 hit, it blew the tires off, and slammed the nose back down. He pedaled it once then stood back in it, it seemed to level off at 1000', but the boards flashed a 9.83-152.54.
I looked at Rachael, "He'll drive it right back up to the lanes, I guarantee it! That's eight second mph., he just needs to figure out the launch!"

Boone was up two sets later in the same lane, and he did a burn out across the starting line.
"What was that all about?" I asked Rachael.
"I don't think they have the line lock working yet", she explained.
"They've done nothing but wire on it for two days straight!"
Boone grabbed the nitrous about 60 feet out, and the 512 started shooting ducks, but he held the button to it all the way to the 1000' mark, and ran 10.68-126.7.
"Well...it wasn't nines, but it's a start", I shrugged at Rachael as we headed back to the Valiant.

100_2007.JPG100_2008.JPG100_2009.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines