Even as Dale and Boone were attending the Mopar Race at Tulsa in November of 15, it was clear Boone wanted to move away from the Barnyard Viper, and that made Dale and I nervous. Boone has no qualms about selling stuff when he's ready to move to the next one, but we didn't want to see it leave the family.

As I was contemplating how I was going to make room for the Barnyard in my fleet, my buddy Darryl decided he wanted to sell his 69 Dart. This is a great street car that has completed two Drag Weeks, and has a great fitting chrome moly bar, which wraps around a very nice bench seat interior. Like Boone, when Darryl decides to change directions, it happens fast.
"How much are you wanting for the Dart?" I asked Darryl. His sell it now price was 2k less than I felt the car was worth.
"I'll take it." I told him, with finality.
"You will? What's Holly going to say about that..you've got too many cars already..."
"Leave that to me...can we do that thing where I pay you but don't pick it up right away?"
That brought on serious laughter from Darryl, "Sure, sure, but if she asks me, I'm not lying to her!"

I had already bought tickets to The March Meet in Bakersfield California, mainly as a way to entice Boone to bring the Barnyard out to Phoenix more than anything, and I had told him I wanted the Truck, and we would figure something out when he arrived.
"Your all-aluminum Indy low deck engine for starters..." Boone began negotiations.
"Not. Gonna. Happen!!"

I was dreading the phone call to Boone when I bought the Dart from Darryl, because that greatly depleted the funds set aside for the Barnyard.
"I'll take it", Boone told me with finality.
"You'll take what? The Dart? What are going to do with it?"
"Put a big block in it. Run Nines."
"It's a nice small block car with a bar!"
"What are you going to do with it", he laughed, "I want to be there when you try to explain to your wife that the Barnyard and Darryl's Dart are being added to the three other toys you already have!!"

hrdp-1209w-2012-drag-week-tech-day-1114.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines