We really enjoyed the March Meet, hanging out with Jay and Fred, meeting Gary E, and eating all of Chassisman's food, but I had more questions about Drag Week 2016 than I did answers by the time we returned to Arizona.

The family called repeatedly to update us on their attempt to get entered when preregistration opened. Darren, Dale, and James had all got in. John and Opal had not, along with several other friends who have attended in the past. It was tricky to find the link, and quite a few people were disappointed as it filled up in eight minutes.

Mom and Dad loaded up the Dart at Darryl's once we got back, and I began the painful attempts of explaining to my beloved why they had left and the Barnyard was still in Phoenix.

In addition, Boone started pirating my parts locker. That 230 400 block? Yep, those MW ported Indy SR heads with Racer Brown rockers? Gone, Pro-Gram cross bolt caps? You were never going to use them, 1000cfm Demon? Indy low deck intake? 4150 Big Shot plate? Like a dang kid in a candy store!

033.JPG067.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines