I have played with a couple 440 with carburetor setups, both using Procharger D1-SC head units.

First issue is cost for a lot of people. A centrifugal supercharger kit with mopar specific brackets (pre gen III hemi) tend to be pricy. I made my own brackets and modified the other pieces needed from a BB chevy kit.

Second issue is tuning. I am not a fan of blow thru carburetor setups. You tend to have to run too fat with little initial timing during the 98% of the time you are not under boost, or run lean when you are under boost. Running lean under boost is a short term problem, because you will blow head gaskets, burn valves, or torch pistons/blocks in short order. I would view a blow thru carb setup for a track only car as more viable than a street/strip car, because you can treat the carburetor like it is mechanical injection. Tune it for wide open throttle performance, and not worry about how it runs when not under boost.
If you run fuel injection, you need to have a system you can tune, or have someone with the ability to provide the tune for your car. If you run a centrifugal or a turbo, fuel injection is the only way to go in my opinion.
The fox body mustang guys are the ones who made the centrifugal superchargers commonplace again. They had fuel injection, and a large enough following that the aftermarket could profit from by supporting them with parts and technology. Mopar guys are just now getting late model fuel injected cars worth throwing a blower on.

Most Mopar guys are content running traditional set ups. They are easy to put together because the combinations have been used forever, produce enough power for many street strip guys, and are familiar. The trouble begins when you get beat by a guy running a 2.0 liter econobox, or get to ride in or watch someone with a V8 under boost.

There are other issues that come up, but if you have the coin, can run fuel injection, tune it, and mount the head unit up, you are well on your way.

And, don't plan on getting any technical advice from the manufactures as to how to get your car to run with their products. They don't have the answers, you will have to figure that out on your own.

Last edited by 5280Dart; 01/17/17 06:09 PM.