Originally Posted By jcc
"I am hoping to make around 700fwhp with this setup and pray that it stays together. "

I believe your hopes should answered without much ado, but your prayers might fall on deaf ears. coffee

I really hope not! In the past few weeks I have spoken to a few boosted stock small block mopar guys who are making more HP than I plan to and they are tall telling me to go for it. My machinist didn't think there would be any problem with it supporting that much power and he knows a decent amount about pushing stock blocks (he currently holds the NHRA record for SS/GTAA). They don't seem to lurk here, but there are big power turbo/procharged small block mopar guys out there. It sounds like the biggest issue is with getting the tune down right. Most of the guys who I have heard cracked these blocks were either spinning high RPM's with a N/A or nitrous builds which I would think would put far more stress on a block than a lower RPM blower/turbo build, or had an old school roots blower fed by carbs. I know roots/carb setups have always been notoriously difficult to tune, and the few people I've spoken to who have cracked blocks really couldn't confirm if detonation was the culprit or not.

I'm hoping that with the fuel injection, E85 and wideband I'll have a better shot at keeping out of detonation, and I shouldn't have to spin the setup too high to make power. Take a look at Dizuster here. He is making well over 700fwhp on a stock magnum block. Magnum blocks could be stronger than early 340 blocks though, I'm really not sure.