I'm working on a procharged 340 project myself. It is getting close to completion but the holidays set my machinist back some time wise.

My build is using a D1SC with cheapo front mount intercooler. I have been doing it on a budget (whatever that means, for a forced induction build) so I welded up my own piping and found what may or may not have been an incomplete SDCE bracket that I am heavily modifying to make my own pulley setup with.

the blower is feeding the following
69 340 block, hughes main girdle/studs, factory forged crank, Eagle H beam rods, forged pistons, ported W2 econo heads, E85 fed via aeromotive A1000 fuel system and FItech 1200 fuel injection, solid roller cam

What really sucks about this build is not being able to find brackets/pulleys for cheap. I sourced a billet SDCE one piece crank pulley/blower pulley for 300 something and then the work I have to do to make the bracket work.

Honestly, I think TURBO would have been a MUCH better and probably easier way to go. I already had the procharger though. I considered a single turbo, and I know I am quirky for this but I can't get over a muscle car having a tight overlap turbo cam and all the exhaust coming out one pipe. It's just nowhere near as cool as a big, choppy cam thumping out unobstructed dual exhaust.

Whether the sound is going to be worth the power loss of the blower, added stress on the crank/mains or potential belt slip issues- I don't know.

I am hoping to make around 700fwhp with this setup and pray that it stays together.

One of the biggest issues I see with building up MOPARS for forced induction is that many of the stock blocks can't handle the power that good head flow and boost can make, and when you start getting into aftermarket Mopar blocks the prices are so crazy that who has money left for forced induction as well? If you're a late model GM guy, you can go out and find a $500 5.3 truck motor, spend a few grand building it and make 1000hp with a cheap turbo setup. You could probably do the whole build for the cost of a good Mopar block and machine work.

At least this seems like the case with the small blocks. I know SCDE and a few other guys were pushing factory big block engine blocks way harder (well over 1000hp).
For what I ended up sinking into this small block I think I really made a mistake in not trying to do a big block instead.

Last edited by 1mean340; 01/16/17 09:19 PM.