The Edelbrock XT PFI intake is a nice intake, only avaliable for RB engines with standard port size. The XT computer that comes in the kit is quite lacking (no wideband O2, no self tuning, no A/C idle compensation, no cooling fan outputs. The kit is also expensive, around $4,000. They do have an upgrade for the stock computer, but I think it is an additional cost, I think around $500?

If you have a 440 and want to use this intake, don't buy the kit, just the intake, TB, fuel rails/hardware, and maybe the injectors (depending on cost and injector size needed.) The EFI sensors, MAP, Air Temp, coolant temp, are all common GM sourced stuff.

Then you can get a computer and wiring harness from Holley, FAST, or Megasquart. All these can handle a variety of ignition/trigger position sources.

On the FiTech E85 question above, The answer needs more information.
I think they are they saying the peak advertised HP level will be 25-30% lower because the injectors size? Not that the engine will make less power on E-85 (upto the injector size limitation?)

Forgot to mention, the fuel tank mounted fuel pump is a better design than feeding the remote sump with the stock low pressure engine mounted pump. The low pressure pump is still susceptible to vapor lock because the suction side of the pump can lower the pressure the fuel is under lowering the temperature the fuel will start to turn to vapor. The Vapor20-Liquid temperature (20 parts vapor to 1 part liquid) at standard atmosphere temp varies around 95 degrees to 140 degrees depending on winter/summer blends of gas according to this Chevron Tech review:
https://www.chevron.com/~/media/chevron/operations/documents/MotorGasTechReview

Interesting article because gasoline is many hydrocarbons mixed, different parts of it vaporize at different temperatures.

440efi.jpg
Last edited by 451Mopar; 03/30/16 11:19 PM.