Can't go wrong with EFI. No issues with a carb either, I doubt there will be any relative fuel savings on a long road trip. There have been some tests done with the Fitech and it actually utilizes more fuel than a carb..

I would say 99% of carbs run poorly because the owner doesn't install an AFR gauge, as it's stupidly easy to generally tune with one. A programmable ignition would solve nearly all the other problems most owners experience, which once again, only takes a few minutes to modify and upload to the ignition box. Fitech for sure if you want a plug and play setup, but lets be realistic, these systems are still a ways off from being perfect.

To some, it's just another complex electronic to fail with no support on the road. My carb (CSU 750 blow-through) cranks on the first turnover (faster than my 15' SRT!!!) and idles, within 5-10 seconds you can drive it. On factory timing however, it's a joke, it takes twenty seconds to crank @ 18-20* while at 30-32* it cranks instantly. Ignition box retards it right back to 18* and it cruises like stock after.

Last edited by Sweet5ltr; 03/29/16 05:33 PM.

1969 Plymouth Road Runner (440 w/ Boost! RIP) now a low-deck 470 with hotchkis suspension, nascar boom tube exhaust, & big brakes.